Positive Behavior Support
"We agree PBS is to inform and communicate ways to be respectful and responsible in a safe learning environment."
Mound City R-2 Expectations
I am a... SAFE, RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE
These expectations are designed to help create a climate of cooperation, academic excellence, respect and safety at Mound City R-2. All Super Skills will be taught in the context of these expectations. The power of this process is the continuity of the expectations and the common language used by all staff. All students will hear the same expectations from all adults.
The Mound City R-2 Expectations and Super Skills are based on seven guiding principles. We believe these principles will help create an optimal learning environment for the students. The guiding principles are:
- Clear expectations for student behavior.
- Clear and consistent strategies for teaching appropriate behavior.
- Clear and consistent strategies for encouraging appropriate behavior.
- Clear and consistent consequences that discourage inappropriate behavior.
- A support system and individual behavioral programs for students with unique or exceptional needs.
- Clearly designed methods for evaluating and revising the Expectations and Super Skills.
- Clear plans and strategies for communicating the characteristics and philosophy of the behavior plan to students and parents.
This fits perfectly into our first week of setting classroom expectations. As you and your students generate specific classroom rules/skills you will be able to guide their classification into one of the THREE MOUND CITY EXPECTATIONS...
I am a... SAFE...RESPECTFUL...RESPONSIBLE!
- National Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support. Center established by the office of Special Education Programs, U.S. Department of Education. http://www.pbis.org
- Missouri Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support (MO SW-PBS). Initiative supported by DESE with technical assistance from the MU PBS Center. pbismissouri.org.html